EMMA BEAUTY FAQs
What is EMMA V.S.N.P. & V.S.G.P. 12+ Free of?
- Toluene - cause of the neurotoxic syndrome
- Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) - a reproductive and hormonal toxicant
- Formaldehyde - can cause cancer
- Formaldehyde Resin - a skin irritant and immune system toxicant
- Camphor - highly toxic. Extended and excessive exposure to the fumes can cause nausea, dizziness, headaches, and disorientation.
- Triphenyl Phosphate (TPHP) - endocrine disruptor and can cause reproductive and developmental irregularities
- Xylene - short-term, low level exposure to this contaminant can cause headaches and dizziness, while long-term, high level exposure and can lead to respiratory, kidney, and gastrointestinal toxicity
- Ethyl Tosylammide - its antibiotic properties and concerns over its antibiotic resistance
- MEHQ/HQ – depigmented the skin and a skin irritant;
- Methylisothiazolinone (MIT) - lung toxicity, allergic reactions and possible neurotoxicity
- Parabens - can cause skin sensitization and contact allergies. Certain parabens have been detected intact in the breast tissue of women diagnosed with breast cancer, also trigger the hormonal problems
- Animal Derived Ingredients – vegan and cruelty free
- Gluten – can cause allergic reaction
Is Emma Vegan and Cruelty Free? Yes and PETA certified
Does EMMA have Methyl methacrylate (MMA)? No
How many colors does EMMA have? We currently have 184 as of March 2020. EMMA introduces six new colors every month.
How long does EMMA VSNP wear? Lasts up to one week
Can you add polish thinner to EMMA VSNP? Polish thinners are not recommended as this will impair the wearability and coverage
Is EMMA VSNP considered breathable? Nails do no breathe. An excellent conditioning oil such as EMMA Drench will provide the most intensive cuticle hydration to the nails.
How long does EMMA VSGP wear? Up to 21 days, but we recommend getting a new manicure after 14 days.
How can I stop the shrinking of EMMA VSGP? Proper application is key to reduce shrinking with any gel product. Shrinking may also be impacted depending on color pigment. For darker colors, apply thin coats of EMMA VSGP and cure for an additional 15-30 seconds. This should reduce and/or potentially eliminate shrinkage.
Why does gel polish crack? Cracking could be a result of extended cure times in lamp and/or product may be applied incorrectly (applying too thin causes lamp to cure more rapidly than necessary)
Does EMMA VSGP work with non-EMMA lights? Yes…but wear cannot be guaranteed unless EMMA lamp is used. Competitor gel products can be used with the EMMA Duet and/or EMMA Genius lamp. This being the reason why EMMA lamps have multiple time settings: 15s, 30s, 45s and 60s that will cure competitor products.
How long does the removal process take for the EMMA gel polish?
- Total soak time is 10-15 minutes based on color being removed. Directions for removal:
- Have client wash their hands with soap and water and towel dry.
- Buff off EMMA V.S.G.P. Top Coat to break seal with a ForPro 180 grit zebra foam board.
- Apply ForPro Expert Moisturizing Removal Wrap Solution to ForPro Expert Gel Polish Remover Wraps.
- Individually wrap the nails by placing under finger with edge of cotton pad underneath the free edge of nail. Fold the cotton pad over the top of nail. Wrap around the finger, ensuring a snug fit. Squeeze top center of foil together to secure.
- Allow the nails to soak for at least 10 minutes. Optional: To help speed process, wrap each hand in ForPro Cozies Liner and insert into ForPro Thermal Mitts.
- Unwrap first finger and use a ForPro Birchwood Stick to gently push the gel color product in the direction of the nail plate growth. Be careful not to scrape away the surface layers of the natural nail plate. If product is having difficulty releasing, make sure you buffed down past EMMA V.S.G.P. Top Coat and re-wrap nails for 5 more minutes.
- Repeat this step on each nail until gel polish residue is completely removed.
Note: Removal time may vary based on application (ie., the cure time that was used, how thick the application (multiple coats) and type of gel polish (glitter)). Cold hands, room or remover solution may also increase the amount of time needed to soak off.
What is EMMA Drench and what makes it so great? EMMA Drench is a cuticle oil that is infused with shea butter, jojoba oil, argan oil and Vitamins A & E to provide the most intensive cuticle hydration. Also softens and restores cuticles and promotes strong and healthy nails.
Does EMMA have anything to strengthen nails? EMMA Beauty Sprout Nail Growth Factor can be used as a base coat to help fortify weak, thin and brittle nails. EMMA Keratin MD can also be used to help fortify weak, thin and brittle nails. EMMA Keratin MD is an oil and cannot be used as a base coat.